IP address stands for internet protocol address. You do not need to be a computer student to have come across the word IP or to have surface-level knowledge about it.
An IP address serves as a unique identifier for each device. Once someone gets hold of your IP address, they may:
- Track down your location and also invade your privacy
- Use your IP address to carry out illegal practices
- Hack your device and steal your data
Even though it isn’t so easy even after someone accesses your IP address, it still isn’t impossible and that is why IP addresses are generally hidden and should be kept to you.
Is it possible to get someone’s IP from discord?
Discord has very strict security policies regarding its users’ personal information. The app makes use of TLS (Transport Layer Security) to ensure that its user’s data is safe. In addition to that, it has many other security layers of its own such as its unique client-server-only architecture, which makes it nearly impossible to track someone’s IP without their consent.
Finding out someone’s IP address from Discord is not a piece of cake, but it is not impossible. There is no direct way to do so; however, you can use third-party methods to track down the IP addresses of other people. These methods include using third-party websites and applications that are specifically designed to get users’ information.
Is discord a safe platform?
Compared to other social media platforms like Skype, Teams, or Slack, Discord is considered a safe platform for interacting with your friends and acquaintances. It is fast and reliable and trusted even by gamers worldwide.
It has a client to server architecture that encrypts all the information moving to and from you. Besides that, discord allows private conversations to which nobody else has access except the people involved. Sensitive information such as your email and phone number is hidden for security purposes. When a user logs in to discord through a different IP address, it requires an email or phone verification which is an added security feature.
These features make discord a safe platform.
How can you get someone’s IP from discord?
As mentioned earlier as well, there is no direct method or any feature which allows you to gain access to a user’s IP address via discord, but the leading third-party applications that will aid you through the process of finding out another users’ IP address are:
1 – Discord IP Resolver
- First of all, go to your discord settings and switch on the developer mode.
- Copy the user ID whose IP address you want to generate.
- On a new tab, open discord IP resolver.
- Paste the copy user ID on the dialogue box that appears on the page and ‘resolves.’
- The discord IP resolver where generate the user’s IP address automatically.
- The IP address is only visible to you if the user is online.
2 – Discord IP Grabber
There are many grabbing programs that may help you get the IP address of a certain user. Discord IP grabber is one of them.
- Copy the user’s URL.
- Paste this URL on the IP grabber program you are using. It will give you the option of creating a new URL. Along with the URL, it will also provide you with a tracking code.
- Send this new URL to the person whose IP address you want to obtain.
- As soon as the person clicks on the link, you will be able to access all their information, including their IP address.
- Go back on your IP grabber program in entering the tracking code. You will now be able to access all personal information about the user.
3 – WireShark
Another way is using the WireShark application. WireShark is tracking software that can be downloaded on your computer. WireShark can track all the ongoing processes on your computer.
- To find someone’s IP address on discord, you need to first open the WireShark application.
- With this application running in the background login to your discord server.
- Open WireShark, and you will be able to see all the processes going on your computer, including the discord application.
- Simply type the username of the ID you want to track, and all information regarding it will appear on your screen.
- You might need to add lots of filters to get your desired information.
4 – Command Prompt
- Turn off all background applications except your browser.
- Log into your discord ID on any browser of your choice.
- Start a chat with the person you want to get the IP address of.
- Now launch the Command prompt on your computer. It is already built into your windows.
- Type in “netstat-an” on the pop-up that appears. A series of transcripts will be generated once you press the Enter key.
- The IP address you are looking for will be written at the end of the code.
What does it mean to IP ban someone in discord?
IP bans on discord are not like the usual bans that other applications impose on an account. IP Bans on discord are much stricter and firmer. It not only bans the account but the IP address from which the account was made. This means that if any other account is made from the same IP address it will also be automatically banned.
An IP-banned account will not have access to any server of which you are a member and will not be able to send you any direct messages (DMs.) Banning an IP address not only bans the account you had blocked but also other accounts that are using the same IP address.
How to IP ban someone?
Banning an account on discord is very easy. All you need to do is follow the steps given below, and it will ban specific IP address that is bothering you.
- Log into your discord server from the mobile application or the discord’s official website.
- All servers and channels are shown on the left side of your screen. Select the user you want to ban from the less given there
- Click on the user’s name in a drop-down menu that will appear in front of you.
- At the bottom of that menu, you will find the option of Ban username.
- Click on it once, and a dialogue box will appear.
- Confirm the Ban by clicking yes on the dialogue box
- The user, and its IP address have now been banned and cannot join any server that you are in
One thing that you should always keep in your mind is that IP Ban only blocks the specific IP address that you had selected. Users can always use a VPN Service to overcome the blockage.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1 – How to find someone’s information on discord?
Multiple third-party applications are found that can mess up with the discord security system and get you some information on discord. A few applications that allow you to get access to a user’s IP on Discord.
2 – Does Discord leak your IP address?
No, Discord does not leak your IP address. It is generally very safe to use.
3 – Can you hack someone’s device with an IP address?
Yes, you can hack someone’s device using their IP address but that requires a lot of expertise.
4 – Is it illegal to grab someone’s IP address?
Grabbing someone’s IP address is not illegal. Stealing information, leaking sensitive data, following and stalking people, etc., are illegal activities that can be carried out once you get hold of someone’s IP address. However, IP addresses may also be used for tracking down your location for food deliveries or taxis, which is legal.
5 – How to protect your IP from attacks?
If you wish to save your IP address from hacker attacks, the best thing you can do is to use a VPN. Make sure you enable VPN while you are on the internet. It hides your identity and does not let anyone get access to your real IP. Besides that, refrain from clicking on any external links. They may be a trap to get to your IP.
Discord is a pretty safe platform however, with the technology, cheat codes are pretty common. By these cheat codes, we mean the third-party applications that you can use to find the IP of any user on discord. Many users around the world have rated WireShark, Discord IP grabber, Discord IP resolver, and Command prompt to be the best IP finders. A step-by-step instruction guide has been written to ease the process for you. Hope this helps you!